We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Upon receiving medical confirmation that the pregnancy comes twice, many parents wonder if they will be Twins or Twins. In principle, the news is always a surprise that opens windows of doubts regarding pregnancy, the special care that must be taken into account, the economic expenses that were not expected, and a lot of challenges to face.
There are several reasons why a woman conceives more than one baby:
1. Age. From the age of 30, the chances of multiple pregnancy increase. A third of these pregnancies belong to women who are waiting to have children after the age of 30. As time passes, a woman produces more hormones that stimulate ovulation, causing her ovaries to release more eggs each month.
2. Medications that stimulate fertility. Hormonal treatments to increase egg production in a cycle predispose to multiple fertilization.
3. Assisted reproductive techniques, such as fertilization in vitro (IVF), use transfers of two to three embryos in the uterus, to have a better chance of successful fertilization.
4. Inheritance. A woman is also more likely to conceive more than one baby, if she has a personal or family history of the birth of twins or twins.
5. Multiparous. After several previous deliveries, the possibility of a multiple pregnancy is increased.
An ultrasound during the first trimester of pregnancy will reveal the number of embryos you carry in the uterus. Although if you became pregnant after receiving fertility treatment such as fertilization in vitro, you will most likely have an ultrasound scan during the first eight weeks to count the number of embryos.
Ultrasound scans are almost foolproof when it comes to revealing multiple pregnancies, especially from the sixth or eighth week of pregnancy. If you have not undergone any fertility treatment, your gynecologist may suspect that you are expecting more than one baby when your weight gain is considerably faster than expected in the first few months, or if you have severe nausea and vomiting. Ultrasound is also helpful in determining how long you've actually been pregnant.
They can be the same and of the same sex or look like siblings and be of the same or different sex. But, both in the case of being twins and twins, the children will be united by a very significant fact, they developed and were born together. Based on their formation, babies that grow together in the same pregnancy can be:
1. Twins. They are really identical. The pregnancy is known as monozygotic or univitelline pregnancy. It occurs when a single egg is fertilized with a sperm and forms a zygote that later divides into two, developing two fetuses. Depending on the moment of division, that is, if it occurs between the first and fourth day after fertilization, each fetus would have its placenta and its own amniotic sac, but if the division occurs between the fourth and eighth day (in 75 percent hundred of cases), each fetus will have its own pouch, but they will share the placenta.
In the case of twins, each one develops independently, but being made up of the same egg and the same sperm, share the same genetic makeup and they are physically almost identical. Statistics reveal that twins account for 30 percent of double pregnancies.
2. Twins. The pregnancy of twins, also called bizygotic or bivitelline, is produced by the fertilization of two eggs and two sperm, resulting in two different embryos that coincide in time and that they may be of the same sex or not. Their resemblance will be like that of two siblings who were born in different births, they occur in 70 percent of multiple pregnancy cases and are also known as fraternal twins. In twin pregnancy, each fetus develops with its own amniotic sac and placenta.
You can read more articles similar to Twin or twin pregnancy, in the category of Twins / Twins on site.