We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Among the most popular extracurricular activities is not only football, basketball, tennis, swimming or martial arts, there are also many boys and girls who opt for musical disciplines. Among them, ballet or classical dance stands out, an exercise whose objective is to tell a story only with the movement of the body.
Considered as Performing Art, ballet requires a lot of concentration on a psychic level, and flexibility, coordination and musical rhythm on a physical level. Therefore, it is recommended that this disciplinestart practicing from a very young age, the 3 or 4 years, which is when the locomotor apparatus of children can assimilate and internalize with more ease and ease the movements and techniques of dance.
Ballet, in addition to art, is an exercise that has multiple and positive benefits, both physical and mental, for children. Danzaballet.com lists the extensive list of advantages on a physical level:
- Dancing stimulates blood circulation and the respiratory system.
- Promotes elimination of fats.
- Helps to correct bad postures.
- Help to gain elasticity
- Exercise the coordination, agility of movements and balance.
- Collaborates in muscle development and the shape of the spine.
- Helps the development of psychomotor skills, agility and coordination of movements.
- It allows to improve balance and reflexes.
- It can help correct problems such as 'flat feet'. With ballet, the positions that the foot adopts during class, most of the time arched, can gradually correct the defect.
- It is a good technique to combat childhood obesity and cholesterol.
- Develops body expression, hearing and memory.
- Ballet is a very rigid exercise, which demands and teaches both physical and mental discipline, helping in the development of children's personalities.
- Develop the sensitivity of the little ones, allowing your feelings to flow freely.
- It helps the most shy children to socialize and overcome that shyness.
- Relax and release adrenaline.
- Improves self-esteem and reduces symptoms of stress or anxiety, increasing the child's confidence in himself.
The word 'ballet' has its origin in France and is translated as dancing. It started in the 17th century as a hobby for the nobles; dancers flocked to the Italian and French courts to perform before the Kings and the more affluent classes. Its evolution and specialization has led to the fact that today there are, at a general level, four ballet styles: romantic, classical, modern and Diaghilev.
Even if your child decides on one discipline or another, there are seven basic movements in this classical dance that do not vary from one modality to another: jumping, stretching, bending, raising, turning, sliding and throwing or precipitating.
Angela del Caz. Copywriter
You can read more articles similar to Children's ballet. Benefits of dance in childhood, in the Sports category on site.