We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
What are some parents thinking and inspired by when they have to choose a name for their children. A few months ago in New Zealand, a judge ordered the name change and the removal of custody of a daughter from her parents because they gave her the rare name of Tahula does the Hula in Hawaii, something like Tahula does the hula in Hawaii. It is not for less since it can subject the girl to ridicule.
In Spain, as in most countries, people are more restrained. These types of names are still quite limited. So much so that the National Institute of Statistics in Spain makes a very interesting monitoring of the trends in the names chosen by Spanish fathers and mothers, when choosing baby names.
Do you know the 100 most frequent children's names in Spain? The TOP 100 list of baby names can be very interesting for parents who decide to give their baby a lifelong name. And from what we see the Christian names are almost all.
Although the influence of immigration is already noticeable, Arabic names already appear on the list. The list is based on the Spanish Census and is a ranking of the most frequent full names.
Guiainfantil.com has made this list of names for baby boys that are the preferred and most popular among the Spanish, following an alphabetical order to facilitate the search for parents by a name for their baby.
1. Adrian - Male name of Latin origin who celebrates his saint's day on March 5
2. Augustine - It means the 'who is worshiped'. Celebrate his holy day on August 28
3. Aitor - Name of Basque origin
4. Alberto - Name of Germanic origin that means 'noble'
5. Alexander - It is one of the first names most preferred by Spanish parents. It means 'the protector'
6. Alfonso - Germanic name meaning 'noble warrior'
7. Alfredo - Name of German origin that celebrates its
8. Alvaro - Very popular name in Spain, with more than 145 thousand children who carry it
9. Andrew - Greek name that grows among the preferences of the parents. Andrés Iniesta is a soccer player who bears this name.
10. Angel - Name meaning 'messenger'
11. Antonio - It is a very common name in Spain. It means 'brave'
12. Antonio Jose - Compound name formed by José and Antonio. It is one of the most used names in Spain with a great cultural tradition
13. Arthur - Of Celtic origin. Its meaning is 'Guardian of the Bear', referring to the constellation, although it can also be interpreted on other occasions as 'Strong Bear' or 'Noble Bear'. Name of kings.
14. Carlos - Name translated from the Scandinavian languages, Karl, means 'man'
15. Caesar - Name widely used in Spain, Greece and Italy
16. Cristian - Name that has grown a lot among the preferences of parents for its admiration for the Portuguese soccer player, Cristiano Ronaldo
17. Cristobal - Greek name that celebrates his holy day on July 10
18. Daniel - Male name of Hebrew origin that means 'God is my judge'
19. David - It is still one of the most used names in Spain. It means 'dear' and 'loved'
20. Diego - Name that celebrates his holy day on November 13, of Hebrew origin
21. Sunday - In addition to meaning 'the Lord's day', it is a very popular name among Spaniards
22. Eduardo - It is a perfect name for your child for its simplicity and for the beauty of meaning (guardian of beauty)
23. Emilio - It is a name for a boy of Latin origin that means 'the one who is kind and calm'. A name from a long tradition that will be perfect for your child.
24. Enrique - It has long been one of the most frequent names, remaining at all times as a fresh and current name. Celebrate your birthday on July 13.
25. Esteban - It is said of a sociable and friendly child who seeks recognition from others. He celebrates his holy day on December 26.
26. Eugene - It is one of those names of great beauty for its meaning and its musicality that will be perfect for your child.
27. Felipe - Felipe has a charismatic personality full of strength and resolution, cheerful and vital. Celebrates his holy day on May 3.
28. Felix - A name that implies a sensitive and willful personality. Very attached to his family environment, Félix has a great capacity for work, he is very thoughtful and correct in his decisions.
29. Fernando - It is a frequent name that enjoys great popularity, one of those names that have not been worn down by its continued use throughout history. Celebrate your name day on May 30
30. Francisco - Of Germanic origin which means 'free man'. Francisco exudes tradition and distinction. He celebrates his name day on October 4, which is the day of Saint Francis of Assisi.
31. Francisco Javier - It is a compound name for a boy that evokes a self-confident, thoughtful and very emotional person.
32. Francisco Jose -There are more than 95 thousand men who bear the compound name of Francisco Jose
33. Gabriel - February 27 is the day of Santo Gabriel. Angel name
34. Gonzalo - It is a name that is gaining popularity in recent years for that exquisite and distinguished touch it brings.
35. Gregory - It is a masculine name of Greek origin that means 'the watchman'. It is a name from a great tradition, so it can be perfect for your child.
36. Guillermo - Due to the meaning of his name, Guillermo has a charismatic personality that exerts a great influence on others.
37. Ignacio - It is a name for a boy of Latin origin that means 'born of fire'
38. Ishmael - Because of the meaning of his name, Ismael has a very interesting and enigmatic personality. In addition to standing out for his kindness and companionship.
39. Ivan - It is a masculine name of Russian origin, a variant of the name Juan, so its meaning is 'the merciful'.
40. Jaime - Because of the meaning of his name, Jaime has a charismatic personality with a charm that is difficult to resist.
41. Javier - It is of Basque origin and means 'new house'.
42. Jesus - It is a name that has a long tradition of personalities named Jesus.
43. Joaquin - Joaquín triumphs in social relationships because of his sympathy and wit and does not lack character to face any adversity.
44. Jordi - It is the Catalan form of the name Jorge. It means 'he who works the land'.
45. Jorge - The name Jorge enjoys great popularity throughout the world. It is of Greek origin.
46. Jose - It is a name for a boy of Hebrew origin that means 'abundance'. He celebrates his holy day on March 19.
47. Jose Antonio - This compound name refers to the 'brave man who stands up to his enemies'
48. bJose Luis - It comes from Germanic, but in its evolution it ended up being a frank voice. Luis translates as 'the one who is glorious and enlightened in battle'.
49. John - It is a very popular name and it can appear both alone and combined in compound names. He celebrates his name day on June 24, which is the day of San Juan Bautista.
50. Juan Manuel - Compound name formed by Juan and Manuel, both of Hebrew origin.
51. Julian - Although many parents prefer its Julio variant, Julián is a name that brings more distinction. Celebrate your birthday on January 9
52. July - It is a name that, until a few decades ago, was very common in Spanish-speaking countries.
53. Lorenzo - Due to the meaning of his name, Lorenzo has an overwhelming personality and is surrounded by triumph.
54. Luis - Luis remains a frequent name because it has not lost freshness or originality with the passage of time. Celebrate your name day on August 19
55. Luis Miguel - It is the name of the Mexican singer and music producer, known as El Sol.
56. Manuel - Manuel or Emmanuel is also the other name that Jesus had. Celebrate his holy day on January 1.
57. Marc - Marc is the Catalan form of Marcos. It is a name widely used in Spain
58. Mark - It is a frequent name that can be perfect for your child as it is loaded with vigor and energy. Celebrate your birthday on April 25.
59. Mariano - It is a masculine name derived from Maria. It is a name with a long tradition that is ideal for your child. Celebrate your name day on January 27.
60. Mario - It is a name of uncertain etymology due to its Etruscan roots, but in any case it is ideal for your child, whom it will give all the energy of a warrior and fighter god.
61. Martin - It is one of the most frequent names, it celebrates its name day on November 2, which is Saint Martin's day.
62. Miguel - We are facing one of the most frequent names that can be used alone or accompanied by other names. He celebrates his name day on September 29, which is the day of San Miguel.
63. Michelangelo - This name finds a Hebrew origin in Michael and a Greek origin in Angel. The combination of both names is perfect for its meaning of messenger of good news.
64. Mohamed - is the most popular name in the Islamic world. It has many variants: Moamad, Mahmud, Amed, Ahmad ...
65. Nicolas - It is a name of Greek origin that will surround your baby with an aristocratic and elegant air. Celebrate your birthday on December 6.
66. Oscar - The name Oscar implies a sensitive and reserved personality. He celebrates his name day on February 3, which is Saint Oscar's Day.
67. Paul - It is one of the most frequent names in Spain, always in fashion despite its age. He celebrates his name day on June 29, which is the day of Saint Paul at his conversion.
68. Peter - Saint Peter was the most important disciple of Jesus Christ. His name comes from 'Stone' because the Messiah told him 'you are stone, and on this stone I will build my church'.
69. Rafael - Name of Hebrew origin that means 'God has healed' or 'God's medicine'. Name of a famous Spanish singer.
70. Ramon - The one who helps those in need. They say that those called Ramón is a man with great ideals of justice, and that he loves public recognition.
71. Raul - It is a well-known name that is included among the top twenty most popular names in Spain for men.
72. Ricardo - Of Germanic origin, this name means 'Mighty King'. A person with a strong character and who demands a lot from himself.
73. Roberto - There is talk of an intelligent, strong, dynamic, responsible man, but above all things, very sure of himself.
74. Ruben - The writer Ruben Darío is one of the Spanish characters who bears this beautiful name that means 'See, a son'
75. Salvador - Apart from meaning 'the one who saves' it is a very popular name thanks to the great Spanish painter Salvador Dalí
76. Samuel - In Spain live more than 45 thousand men who are called with this name
77. Santiago - Santiago is a city, Santiago is an apostle, Santiago is a road and a very popular name in Spain
78. Sebastian - 'Honored', 'revered', 'respectable', those are the meanings of this name
79. Sergio - Male name of Latin origin. It means 'guardian'. Spanish character who bears this name: Sergio Dalma, singer.
80. Tomas - The name Tomás implies a restless and curious personality, sometimes adventurous and other times reflective. Tomás is a special child with great intuition and self-confidence
81. Vicente - Name that means 'winner' and that celebrates his saint's day on April 5. Character that bears this name: Vicente Ferrer, whose foundation continues to do great works of solidarity in India
82. Victor - Name that celebrates its saint's day on December 28 and that has as affectionate diminutives Vic or Vicky.
83. Victor Manuel - It is the name of a very famous singer in Spain
84. Xavier - This is the name that used to be called the 'Javier'. The nicknames Xabi, Xavi or Javi are often used.
You can read more articles similar to Most frequent boy names to avoid strange names, in the On-Site Name Trends category.